In this episode, I want to share some encouraging insights and practical recommendations to help you on your homeschool journey when it comes to managing your time. We talk about the need to prioritize intentional breaks, avoid excessive phone usage during homeschool hours, and find healthier alternatives to taking breaks, such as having conversations, reading, napping, going outside, or taking short walks. By being mindful of time management, parents can create a positive impact on their children’s habits and overall well-being.
Let’s jump right in and discover the importance of time management and how it influences not only our lives but also the lives of our children.
Key Takeaways About Managing Our Time
- [00:01:10] Importance of intentional breaks and avoiding excessive phone usage.
- [00:03:42] The significance of modeling good time management for children.
- [00:04:52] Recognizing the value of structured homeschool schedules.
- [00:06:24] Understanding that time is a choice and evaluating priorities.
- [00:07:14] Recommendation of the Full Focus Planner for goal-setting and daily planning.
- [00:10:14] Highlighting the importance of prioritizing immediate family and relationships.
- [00:12:30] Learning to say no and eliminate unnecessary commitments.
- [00:15:03] Using the metaphor of rocks, pebbles, and sand to prioritize time.
- [00:16:10] Importance of planning and accountability in time management.
- [00:17:28] Scheduling time, being aware of time usage, and avoiding excessive phone scrolling.
- [00:22:03] Encouragement to utilize time for the work of the Lord.
Rate, Review, & Subscribe
Scroll to the bottom of this page, tap rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of free resources to each episode, and if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out!